Our Early Years approach
Our Intent for EYFS is for children to:
- EYFS provision is crucial to developing firm foundations for the children’s journey throughout school and beyond.
- We create a play-based approach with a mixture of teacher-directed and child-led learning. This allows our children to develop physically, verbally, creatively, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually whilst immersed in the positive ethos of the school.
- All children are consistently encouraged and supported to achieve any challenges they may face. We aim to ensure all children develop well, and maintain a healthy and safe lifestyle
We implement this by:
- Carefully planned learning environments planned around the EYFS seven areas of learning and development (communication and language, physical development, personal, social, and emotional development, literacy, mathematics, understanding the world, expressive arts and design).
- Sequencing of learning provision and focus activities allows for children to connect previously taught knowledge to new learning and make connections.
- Provision and resources are changed frequently around the child’s interests and enhanced to ensure our children progress and are challenged.
- Our experienced team use their professional judgement to assess and support each child based on their knowledge and experience and are highly skilled to gauge the right time to intervene in the child’s learning at a ‘greater depth’.
The impact of this approach is that children:
- Have an excellent start to their school journey.
- Develop and apply a range of knowledge, understanding and skills in all areas of their learning.
- Have a strong sense of belonging.
- Have increased confidence and become more independent