What to do if I think my child has Special Educational Needs?
If you have a concern about your child this should be raised with the class teacher, they will then discuss these concerns with the Special Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo) and it is then monitored.
Our SENDCo is Mrs Carol Logan-Meredith and her contact details are email@example.com
Our SEND Point of Contact in school is Mrs Lorna Craven and her contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elevate SEND Link Trustee is Hannah Stenton.
We will arrange a review meeting if this is appropriate. Within school we will keep a register of those children receiving additional Special Needs support. All children who require any additional or different support to access the curriculum or school community are monitored and recorded on this list. This is reviewed and updated termly, by the class teachers and the SENDCo.
As a trust we have a SEND HUB Strategy which enables SENDCo's to work across the trust schools.
Our SEND HUB Strategy offer is tailored to the needs of children in the trust and aims to:
- Ensure all schools have access to high quality, dedicated SENDCo time, including small and new schools joining the trust
- Develop Trust practices regarding SEND and ensure consistent application, including assessment and stages of SEND in line with the graduated approach, and provide opportunity for moderation to support this process
- Enable increased opportunity for collaboration and sharing of skills expertise, and resources for the benefit of all Trust schools, linked to the continual growth and development of specific expertise, to ensure the trust can effectively support the full range of SEND
- Enable Trust wide SEND CPD
- Provide cost effectiveness/ value for money
- Provide a local provision which maximises the benefit of the skills and expertise across the Trust for children
Support you can access as a family:
The Local Offer
North Yorkshire Local Authority has published its Local Offer for parents/carers of children who have Special Educational Needs or a disability (SEND) and all those who support children with additional needs. This includes information about services across health and social care as well as private, voluntary and community sectors. This can be found at: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/send-local-offer